Los Angeles News
2 cars fall off 3-story building in Hollywood
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two cars fell off a three-story rooftop parking area in Hollywood, injuring several people on Saturday.
The incident happened at about 5 a.m. on the 6500 block of West Cerritos Avenue. Hollywood police say a man was trying to park his black Lincoln Town Car - he thought it was in drive but it was actually in reverse.
When the driver punched the gas, his car hit a parked beige Chevy, causing both cars to plunge over the side of the building. The vehicles fell about three stories, plunged through a fence and landed in the courtyard of an apartment complex.
Police say the Town Car was at the location Saturday morning to pick up a group of people. Up to seven people were reportedly in the car at the time of the incident. The Chevy, a rental car, was not occupied.
As of 9 a.m., crews were still working to extract the Chevy out of the courtyard. The Town Car was pulled out first with most of the damage done to the front right corner of the vehicle.
Five people were reported injured and transported to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. One victim was reported to have serious neck injuries. Police do not suspect alcohol or drugs to be involved in the incident.
hollywood, accident, los angeles news, q mccray
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
53 min ago