Los Angeles News
Crews installing 40-ton 'Bridge over Sunset' at Children's Hospital Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (KABC) -- A 40-ton, 117-foot-long walkway bridge is being bolted into place above Sunset Boulevard between Vermont Avenue and Rodney Drive.
The $9 million steel bridge structure will connect the Children's Hospital Los Angeles' two main campuses, the Anderson Pavilion and the Saban Research Institute.
Crews lifted the 40-ton bridge onto trailers Friday night to tow it three-tenths of a mile to the site, where it was hoisted onto two steel tower supports.
Traffic is being rerouted around affected streets.
The hospital remains open.
The "Bridge Over Sunset" walkway is scheduled to open to hospital staff, patients, and their families in February 2013.
construction, los angeles news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians