Los Angeles News
Crews installing 40-ton 'Bridge over Sunset' at Children's Hospital Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (KABC) -- A 40-ton, 117-foot-long walkway bridge is being bolted into place above Sunset Boulevard between Vermont Avenue and Rodney Drive.
The $9 million steel bridge structure will connect the Children's Hospital Los Angeles' two main campuses, the Anderson Pavilion and the Saban Research Institute.
Crews lifted the 40-ton bridge onto trailers Friday night to tow it three-tenths of a mile to the site, where it was hoisted onto two steel tower supports.
Traffic is being rerouted around affected streets.
The hospital remains open.
The "Bridge Over Sunset" walkway is scheduled to open to hospital staff, patients, and their families in February 2013.
construction, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC 7 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 5 min ago
- Two smart watch models put to the test
41 min ago