Los Angeles News
Carson resident, 82, killed in house fire
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are looking for the cause of a house fire in Carson that killed an 82-year-old woman.
The blaze started at about 6 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of East 222nd Street.
Firefighters found Leticia Hatfield dead inside the burning home.
Hatfield's son arrived for dinner and discovered the fire, but could not open a door to help her because of the intense heat.
No one else was injured.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 2 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break