Los Angeles News
Carson resident, 82, killed in house fire
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are looking for the cause of a house fire in Carson that killed an 82-year-old woman.
The blaze started at about 6 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of East 222nd Street.
Firefighters found Leticia Hatfield dead inside the burning home.
Hatfield's son arrived for dinner and discovered the fire, but could not open a door to help her because of the intense heat.
No one else was injured.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 51 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence 31 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 15 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians