Los Angeles News
'Smash and grab' burglars target more than a dozen Burbank business
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for the suspects in a rash of 'smash and grab' burglaries in the Burbank area over the weekend.
According to investigators, more than a dozen small businesses and restaurants on Olive Avenue, Irving Drive, Glenoaks Boulevard, Burbank Boulevard, and Victory Boulevard were burglarized Saturday after 4 a.m.
The suspects gained entry into the businesses by breaking windows and glass doors. Police say they ransacked the businesses and stole computers and money from multiple cash registers.
Among the stores the assailants targeted were cleaners, flower shops, and cafes.
The investigation is ongoing. According to police, it's unknown how many suspects were involved at this time.
Anyone with information regarding the burglaries is urged to contact the Burbank Police Department at (818) 238-3000.
burbank, burglary, los angeles news
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 3 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 39 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
33 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
34 min ago