Los Angeles News
'Smash and grab' burglars target more than a dozen Burbank business
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for the suspects in a rash of 'smash and grab' burglaries in the Burbank area over the weekend.
According to investigators, more than a dozen small businesses and restaurants on Olive Avenue, Irving Drive, Glenoaks Boulevard, Burbank Boulevard, and Victory Boulevard were burglarized Saturday after 4 a.m.
The suspects gained entry into the businesses by breaking windows and glass doors. Police say they ransacked the businesses and stole computers and money from multiple cash registers.
Among the stores the assailants targeted were cleaners, flower shops, and cafes.
The investigation is ongoing. According to police, it's unknown how many suspects were involved at this time.
Anyone with information regarding the burglaries is urged to contact the Burbank Police Department at (818) 238-3000.
burbank, burglary, los angeles news
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 14 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC 21 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery 47 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination 32 min ago
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013