Los Angeles News
Brush fire erupts near 134 Freeway in Glendale
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A small brush fire broke out on a hillside off the 134 Freeway near Figueroa Street in Glendale on Tuesday.
The second-alarm fire burned about four acres. Crews from Glendale Fire and Los Angeles City Fire responded quickly from the ground and air, with a helicopter making water drops. The blaze was knocked down by noon, according to fire officials.
The brush fire temporarily shut down three westbound lanes of the freeway. The HOV and No. 1 lanes were not affected.
los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour