Los Angeles News
Brush fire erupts near 134 Freeway in Glendale
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A small brush fire broke out on a hillside off the 134 Freeway near Figueroa Street in Glendale on Tuesday.
The second-alarm fire burned about four acres. Crews from Glendale Fire and Los Angeles City Fire responded quickly from the ground and air, with a helicopter making water drops. The blaze was knocked down by noon, according to fire officials.
The brush fire temporarily shut down three westbound lanes of the freeway. The HOV and No. 1 lanes were not affected.
los angeles news
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require TAP card 21 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer 33 min ago
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test 11 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis