Los Angeles News
Brush fire erupts near 134 Freeway in Glendale
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A small brush fire broke out on a hillside off the 134 Freeway near Figueroa Street in Glendale on Tuesday.
The second-alarm fire burned about four acres. Crews from Glendale Fire and Los Angeles City Fire responded quickly from the ground and air, with a helicopter making water drops. The blaze was knocked down by noon, according to fire officials.
The brush fire temporarily shut down three westbound lanes of the freeway. The HOV and No. 1 lanes were not affected.
los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather 53 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)