Los Angeles News
Brush fire erupts near 134 Freeway in Glendale
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A small brush fire broke out on a hillside off the 134 Freeway near Figueroa Street in Glendale on Tuesday.
The second-alarm fire burned about four acres. Crews from Glendale Fire and Los Angeles City Fire responded quickly from the ground and air, with a helicopter making water drops. The blaze was knocked down by noon, according to fire officials.
The brush fire temporarily shut down three westbound lanes of the freeway. The HOV and No. 1 lanes were not affected.
los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 2 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 6 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker