Los Angeles News
Man tries to run cop over in Sherman Oaks; shots fired
SHERMAN OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way into an officer-involved shooting in Sherman Oaks, where a man tried to run over police with a car in the parking lot of a Trader Joe's.
The incident happened at Hazeltine Avenue and Riverside Drive around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday when patrolling officers tried to intervene in a chase between two Trader Joe's employees and an alleged robber.
When confronted by police, the suspect tried to flee the scene and nearly hit an officer. Police opened fire. It is unknown if the suspect was hit.
Authorities said he sped off in a white van.
Anyone with any information regarding this case is urged to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (818) 374-9500.
lapd, deputy-involved shooting, hit and run, robbery, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang 28 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting 12 min ago
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
21 min ago