Los Angeles News
Man tries to run cop over in Sherman Oaks; shots fired
SHERMAN OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way into an officer-involved shooting in Sherman Oaks, where a man tried to run over police with a car in the parking lot of a Trader Joe's.
The incident happened at Hazeltine Avenue and Riverside Drive around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday when patrolling officers tried to intervene in a chase between two Trader Joe's employees and an alleged robber.
When confronted by police, the suspect tried to flee the scene and nearly hit an officer. Police opened fire. It is unknown if the suspect was hit.
Authorities said he sped off in a white van.
Anyone with any information regarding this case is urged to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (818) 374-9500.
lapd, deputy-involved shooting, hit and run, robbery, los angeles news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts