Los Angeles News
Man tries to run cop over in Sherman Oaks; shots fired
SHERMAN OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way into an officer-involved shooting in Sherman Oaks, where a man tried to run over police with a car in the parking lot of a Trader Joe's.
The incident happened at Hazeltine Avenue and Riverside Drive around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday when patrolling officers tried to intervene in a chase between two Trader Joe's employees and an alleged robber.
When confronted by police, the suspect tried to flee the scene and nearly hit an officer. Police opened fire. It is unknown if the suspect was hit.
Authorities said he sped off in a white van.
Anyone with any information regarding this case is urged to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (818) 374-9500.
lapd, deputy-involved shooting, hit and run, robbery, los angeles news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley 27 min ago
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide