Los Angeles News
Hollywood Halloween shooting: 3 hospitalized, 1 seriously injured
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Three people were shot during Halloween festivities in Hollywood Wednesday night.
The LAPD responded to the shooting just after 10 p.m. near the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue. A 17-year-old boy received serious injuries, while a 14-year-old boy was shot in the foot and a 25-year-old man was also shot. All three were taken to local hospitals.
Three people were taken away in handcuffs, although their level of involvement in the shooting was unknown.
The scene created a lot of chaos on the streets of Hollywood, where throngs of people were out celebrating Halloween. Police presence in the area was heavy following the shooting in an attempt to disburse crowds.
The cause of the shooting was under investigation.
shooting, hollywood, holiday, lapd, los angeles news, amy powell
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 34 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 28 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 25 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 14 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'