Los Angeles News
Hollywood Halloween shooting: 3 hospitalized, 1 seriously injured
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Three people were shot during Halloween festivities in Hollywood Wednesday night.
The LAPD responded to the shooting just after 10 p.m. near the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue. A 17-year-old boy received serious injuries, while a 14-year-old boy was shot in the foot and a 25-year-old man was also shot. All three were taken to local hospitals.
Three people were taken away in handcuffs, although their level of involvement in the shooting was unknown.
The scene created a lot of chaos on the streets of Hollywood, where throngs of people were out celebrating Halloween. Police presence in the area was heavy following the shooting in an attempt to disburse crowds.
The cause of the shooting was under investigation.
shooting, hollywood, holiday, lapd, los angeles news, amy powell
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 30 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 13 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 57 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts