Los Angeles News
Hollywood Halloween shooting: 3 hospitalized, 1 seriously injured
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Three people were shot during Halloween festivities in Hollywood Wednesday night.
The LAPD responded to the shooting just after 10 p.m. near the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue. A 17-year-old boy received serious injuries, while a 14-year-old boy was shot in the foot and a 25-year-old man was also shot. All three were taken to local hospitals.
Three people were taken away in handcuffs, although their level of involvement in the shooting was unknown.
The scene created a lot of chaos on the streets of Hollywood, where throngs of people were out celebrating Halloween. Police presence in the area was heavy following the shooting in an attempt to disburse crowds.
The cause of the shooting was under investigation.
shooting, hollywood, holiday, lapd, los angeles news, amy powell
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 6 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Protests against Monsanto held around world 41 min ago
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
21 min ago