Los Angeles News
'Gangnam Style,' Romney rampant at West Hollywood Carnaval
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Halloween in West Hollywood is a night to spread your wings and try something new.
"It's the one night of the year I get to come out of my shell a little bit," said one person dressed as the devil.
Still, it is precisely that attitude that keeps people coming back to the annual Carnaval.
"The costumes are crazy and the people are crazy so we keep coming back," said a girl, who showed up as a vampire.
The most popular costume was Psy of "Gangnam Style" fame. Plenty of others were topical, including the gas price lady.
"This is the first thing I thought of when I thought of scary. Especially this year!" she said.
But, presidential politics was top of mind for many, and in ultra liberal West Hollywood, most mocked Mitt Romney. From his binder full of women comment to the decades old story that the Romneys took a road trip with the family dog strapped to the roof, the presidential hopeful wasn't absent from this year's festivities.
Most in the crowd of hundreds of thousands weren't trying to make a political statement, but a fashion statement. One man spent almost a month assembling an elaborate floral get-up.
No matter the costume, the outrageous and the extravagant were certainly celebrated during a night of Halloween fun.
hollywood, holiday, los angeles news, elex michaelson
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 4 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role