Los Angeles News
Man shot to death in LA's Fairfax District
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was shot to death in a normally quiet neighborhood in Los Angeles' Fairfax District on Thursday.
Authorities say the body was found right outside the door on the 300 block of North Laurel Avenue at about 11 a.m. The victim was discovered by a coworker who came by to check on him when he didn't show up to work.
Neighbors say they heard gunshots around 2 a.m., but they didn't call police thinking it was part of Halloween festivities in the area. One neighbor said he saw people coming and going on Wednesday night.
The man, whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin, was identified only as a white male in his 40s. Police say he lived alone.
LAPD detectives are investigating. A motive has not been determined. No further details were immediately available.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'