Los Angeles News
Man shot to death in LA's Fairfax District
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was shot to death in a normally quiet neighborhood in Los Angeles' Fairfax District on Thursday.
Authorities say the body was found right outside the door on the 300 block of North Laurel Avenue at about 11 a.m. The victim was discovered by a coworker who came by to check on him when he didn't show up to work.
Neighbors say they heard gunshots around 2 a.m., but they didn't call police thinking it was part of Halloween festivities in the area. One neighbor said he saw people coming and going on Wednesday night.
The man, whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin, was identified only as a white male in his 40s. Police say he lived alone.
LAPD detectives are investigating. A motive has not been determined. No further details were immediately available.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 6 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
58 min ago