Los Angeles News
2 injured in Halloween hit-and-run crash in Watts
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 10-year-old boy and a woman were injured in a hit-and-run crash near the intersection of 92nd and Beach streets Wednesday.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the unidentified 11-year-old boy and 46-year-old woman were hit by a silver Suzuki while crossing the street in Watts around 9 p.m.
Authorities say the woman sustained a major head injury and the boy suffered minor injuries.
The two victims, who were trick-or-treating when they were hit, were taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Police found the car abandoned nearby south of 88th Street. According to a report by CHP, the car is registered out of Kent, Washington.
Authorities are searching for the suspects involved in the hit-and-run. A witness told police the three males in the vehicle jumped out of the car and fled the scene on foot.
The suspects were described as black males.
california highway patrol, hit and run, halloween, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)