Los Angeles News
Koreatown shooting: Suspect, victim are office employees
LOS ANEGELES (KABC) -- One person was transported to the hospital in critical condition after shots were fired in an office building at Wilshire Boulevard and Mariposa Avenue in Koreatown on Thursday afternoon.
The shooting happened around 3:45 p.m. in a realty office on the fourth floor of the high rise, located in the 3400 block of Wilshire Boulervard. The victim, described as an Asian male of unknown age, was shot multiple times.
Within minutes, Los Angeles police took one person into custody. Investigators say the victim and suspect are both employee of the realty company. There were no other victims in the shooting and police were not searching for other suspects.
The building houses several other businesses and a school for medical training. Those inside fled out into the streets when they realized a shooting had occurred.
A student from the medical school recalls seeing the suspect in the building before the shooting.
"When I saw him come in earlier that was the last thing I thought he was coming in there for," said Elisa Powell. "We see people down here all the time, he didn't look to be crazy or anything like that, but you never know with people."
The scene also created a traffic nightmare. Eastbound traffic on Wilshire Boulevard had been shut for about an hour before one lane had reopened.
The victim remained in critical condition Thursday night and was set to undergo surgery. The circumstances of the shooting are under investigation.
shooting, los angeles news, amy powell
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works 37 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Family, friends honor Hesperia soldier
58 min ago