Los Angeles News
Woman raped in Rowland Heights apartment; suspect sought
ROWLAND HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman in Rowland Heights was raped in her own apartment, and now the search is on for the suspect.
Sheriffs' detectives say the victim was attacked in her apartment on the 1500 block of South Jellick Avenue at around 6 a.m. Oct. 27. The suspect got in through an unlocked sliding glass door.
The victim said the suspect had an accent, but otherwise couldn't give detectives much of a description of the man who attacked her.
Neighbors say it's frightening that a woman was attacked in their neighborhood. Gloria Juarez says even though she feels safe where she lives, she takes precautions.
"I just lock up everything right before you go to sleep, you know, just close your windows, make sure your doors are locked," she said.
Anthony Briseno says he has already talked with his sisters and female relatives about being aware of their surroundings and making sure their homes are locked up when they go to sleep at night.
"You just have to make sure you use the buddy system. Make sure you're not out too late, make sure you have somebody with you at all times. Lock your doors, everything. You never know who could be in the neighborhood," he said.
Anyone with information on this case is urged to contact the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department at (877) 710-5273.
sex crimes, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Covina shooting: 3 injured, including minor 14 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 40 min ago
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies 52 min ago
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K 33 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)