Los Angeles News
Long Beach man arrested for fatal hit-and-run
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A 48-year-old Long Beach man is in custody for a hit-and-run that killed a man in Long Beach.
Authorities say Adolfo Lopez-Perez, 37, was crossing Pacific Coast Highway west of Junipero Avenue when he was struck by a green 1997 Geo Prism at about 12:45 a.m. Sunday. The driver did not stop after the accident.
The victim was declared dead at the scene. Investigators say he was not in a crosswalk when he was hit.
Police found the Geo abandoned in the area of Temple Avenue and 17th Street. A tip led detectives to Robert Alleman. They arrested him at his home at about 1 p.m.
Alleman was booked for vehicular manslaughter and is being held at the Long Beach City Jail on $50,000 bail.
Detectives are asking anyone who witnessed the accident to come forward. Anyone with information is urged to call Long Beach Police Accident Investigations at (562) 570-7355.
long beach, accident, hit and run, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company 51 min ago
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report