Los Angeles News
Passenger attacks overnight MTA bus driver in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A MTA bus driver was attacked by a passenger in Los Angeles on Monday.
According to authorities, the suspect attacked the bus driver and tried to grab the wheel around 2:15 a.m. at the intersection of Aviation Boulevard AND West 11th Street near LAX.
"The bus operator hit the brakes and the suspect and passengers hit the windshield," said Rick Jager, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
A passenger and the suspect were transported to a local hospital for minor injuries.
There were around 15 people on board when the attack occured.
The suspect was later booked on suspicion of attempted carjacking.
CNS contributed to this report.
los angeles international airport, arrest, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support 57 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)