Los Angeles News
Passenger attacks overnight MTA bus driver in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A MTA bus driver was attacked by a passenger in Los Angeles on Monday.
According to authorities, the suspect attacked the bus driver and tried to grab the wheel around 2:15 a.m. at the intersection of Aviation Boulevard AND West 11th Street near LAX.
"The bus operator hit the brakes and the suspect and passengers hit the windshield," said Rick Jager, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
A passenger and the suspect were transported to a local hospital for minor injuries.
There were around 15 people on board when the attack occured.
The suspect was later booked on suspicion of attempted carjacking.
CNS contributed to this report.
los angeles international airport, arrest, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline 31 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians