Los Angeles News
Passenger attacks overnight MTA bus driver in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A MTA bus driver was attacked by a passenger in Los Angeles on Monday.
According to authorities, the suspect attacked the bus driver and tried to grab the wheel around 2:15 a.m. at the intersection of Aviation Boulevard AND West 11th Street near LAX.
"The bus operator hit the brakes and the suspect and passengers hit the windshield," said Rick Jager, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
A passenger and the suspect were transported to a local hospital for minor injuries.
There were around 15 people on board when the attack occured.
The suspect was later booked on suspicion of attempted carjacking.
CNS contributed to this report.
los angeles international airport, arrest, los angeles news
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 47 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide 13 min ago
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims 16 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 23 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)