Los Angeles News
Domestic dispute turns fatal in San Pedro
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- A domestic dispute turned fatal in San Pedro, where police say a man fatally shot a woman and then turned the gun on himself.
Police received a domestic violence call from a home in the 3100 block of Almeria Street at about 10:30 p.m. Friday.
When officers arrived, they found 45-year-old Michelle Stamper fatally shot and 55-year-old Johnny O'Kane suffering from a gunshot wound. O'Kane was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
The incident appeared to be an attempted murder suicide.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact Harbor Area Homicide Detective David Alvarez at (310) 726-7879.
lapd, murder, los angeles news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 21 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Missing flight's last words were routine 22 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 34 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 18 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand 1 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
45 min ago
- Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
44 min ago