Los Angeles News
Domestic dispute turns fatal in San Pedro
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- A domestic dispute turned fatal in San Pedro, where police say a man fatally shot a woman and then turned the gun on himself.
Police received a domestic violence call from a home in the 3100 block of Almeria Street at about 10:30 p.m. Friday.
When officers arrived, they found 45-year-old Michelle Stamper fatally shot and 55-year-old Johnny O'Kane suffering from a gunshot wound. O'Kane was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
The incident appeared to be an attempted murder suicide.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact Harbor Area Homicide Detective David Alvarez at (310) 726-7879.
lapd, murder, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 2 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 36 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks