Los Angeles News
$50K reward offered in Westlake church shooting
WESTLAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council has unanimously approved a $50,000 reward to find the killer of a churchgoer in Westlake.
The LAPD and the city council hope the reward will convince those with information of the shooting to come forward.
Councilman Eric Garcetti announced the reward at City Hall on Tuesday. The violent shooting occurred outside Principe de Paz Church located at Beverly Boulevard and Reno Street in the Rampart area of Los Angeles Sunday night.
Investigators say Andres Ordonez, a 25-year-old deacon at Principe de Paz Church, confronted a woman spray painting graffiti on an exterior church wall when a suspected gang member got out of a car and opened fire.
Ordonez was fatally shot and another man was wounded.
The woman and the shooter are both believed to be gang members.
Principe de Paz Church's congregation held a prayer service Monday night to honor Ordonez, who leaves behind a pregnant wife and a year-old son.
There have been no arrests. There were no descriptions of the suspects nor the getaway vehicle used.
Police hope new information will come in light of the reward.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, lapd, los angeles news
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 51 min ago
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 8 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns 8 min ago
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
49 min ago