Los Angeles News
West Covina prowler caught in act by police
WEST COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police arrested a 29-year-old man in connection with several attempted burglaries in West Covina after they caught him prowling inside a home Tuesday.
At about 5:36 p.m, West Covina police responded to a call of a prowler attempting to gain entry through a back door of a residence in the 900 block of West Lucille Avenue. When the resident confronted the suspect, identified as 29-year-old Alfredo Garcia of Baldwin Park, Garcia jumped over several fences.
While on their way to the scene, a second call was received of a similar incident nearby. In this case, the male suspect had gained entry into the home and was still inside. Several residents of the home including two female adults, a 15-year-old girl, a 1-year-old, and a 6-month-old infant locked themselves in the back bedroom of the residence.
Responding officers heard noises in the rear part of the house and found Garcia.
During the investigation, Garcia was linked to two earlier attempted burglaries.
He was arrested on burglary and possession of methamphetamine charges. Garcia was booked at the West Covina Police Department jail and is being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
arrest, burglary, los angeles news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 49 min ago
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 41 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 25 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 29 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews 55 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
5 min ago