Los Angeles News
Angelenos have mixed reaction to President Obama re-election
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The votes are in and President Barack Obama is still in the White House. Angelenos are having mixed reactions to the results.
Kelly Bakst, David Snider and Andy Babb are three friends - Snider being the lone Obama supporter - and they've remained friends even after the elections.
"My candidate didn't make it, but I'm hopeful for America and hopeful we can get things on the right track," said Bakst.
Snider joked that they're all friends - at least for now.
"We are feeling good about America even though my candidate didn't win. I support our president and want our country to do the best it can," said Babb.
These reactions are a far cry from the animosity felt during the campaign.
"It was really negative. I mean even Facebook had gotten - people were un-friending each other and it got really nasty," described Kimberli Davenport, a supporter of Mr. Obama.
In Los Angeles County, preliminary numbers show voter turnout was down this year about 16 percent from 2008. However, many people told Eyewitness News they were glued to their TV sets on Tuesday night.
"I didn't know it was going to be that close considering Romney had a huge lead in the beginning," said Tina Porcelli.
Some wasted no time predicting what's to come in the next four years, pointing to a drop in the stock market Wednesday morning.
Others say they're just glad the political advertisements are over.
election, president barack obama, los angeles news
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 34 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders 53 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge 29 min ago
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke