Los Angeles News
Pursuit of DUI suspect ends in Hollywood crash
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A short pursuit of a suspected drunk driver ended in a crash in Hollywood that injured two others on Thursday.
Authorities attempted to pull the driver over just after 4 p.m. at Hollywood Boulervard and El Centro Avenue. After police tried to approach the driver, suspect took off and led police on a brief pursuit on the 101 Freeway. The driver exited on Sunset Boulevard and crashed at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Normandie Avenue, slamming into two cars and injuring the drivers.
The two injured drivers received minor injuries, though it was unclear if either of them went to the hospital.
The suspected drunk driver was not hurt but was taken into custody and could face a number of possible charges.
Sunset Boulevard was shut down in both directions due to the investigation.
arrest, los angeles news
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, man shot 7 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 12 min ago
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident 40 min ago
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela 12 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes