Los Angeles News
Pursuit of DUI suspect ends in Hollywood crash
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A short pursuit of a suspected drunk driver ended in a crash in Hollywood that injured two others on Thursday.
Authorities attempted to pull the driver over just after 4 p.m. at Hollywood Boulervard and El Centro Avenue. After police tried to approach the driver, suspect took off and led police on a brief pursuit on the 101 Freeway. The driver exited on Sunset Boulevard and crashed at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Normandie Avenue, slamming into two cars and injuring the drivers.
The two injured drivers received minor injuries, though it was unclear if either of them went to the hospital.
The suspected drunk driver was not hurt but was taken into custody and could face a number of possible charges.
Sunset Boulevard was shut down in both directions due to the investigation.
arrest, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 31 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 12 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 35 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video