Los Angeles News
Veterans Appreciation Day Festival to be held Saturday in San Pedro
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- The first ever "Veterans Appreciation Day Festival" will be held Saturday in the Port of Los Angeles to honor Sunday's Veteran's Day.
The free event at USS Iowa located at 250 South Harbor Boulevard in San Pedro is aimed at honoring Southern California veterans and their families.
The celebration starts at 1 p.m. in front of the retired battleship and will feature free food, a children's play zone, live music, and resource booths. Veterans can also receive free passes to tour the USS IOWA Saturday through Monday.
"The event will be an unprecedented celebration with plenty of activities for the entire family as well as an opportunity to see and experience our beautiful and revitalized L.A. Waterfront," said Councilman Joe Buscaino, whose 15th District includes the port.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
port of los angeles, holiday, veterans, u.s. military, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)