Los Angeles News
Veterans Appreciation Day Festival to be held Saturday in San Pedro
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- The first ever "Veterans Appreciation Day Festival" will be held Saturday in the Port of Los Angeles to honor Sunday's Veteran's Day.
The free event at USS Iowa located at 250 South Harbor Boulevard in San Pedro is aimed at honoring Southern California veterans and their families.
The celebration starts at 1 p.m. in front of the retired battleship and will feature free food, a children's play zone, live music, and resource booths. Veterans can also receive free passes to tour the USS IOWA Saturday through Monday.
"The event will be an unprecedented celebration with plenty of activities for the entire family as well as an opportunity to see and experience our beautiful and revitalized L.A. Waterfront," said Councilman Joe Buscaino, whose 15th District includes the port.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
port of los angeles, holiday, veterans, u.s. military, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'