Los Angeles News
Veterans Appreciation Day Festival to be held Saturday in San Pedro
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- The first ever "Veterans Appreciation Day Festival" will be held Saturday in the Port of Los Angeles to honor Sunday's Veteran's Day.
The free event at USS Iowa located at 250 South Harbor Boulevard in San Pedro is aimed at honoring Southern California veterans and their families.
The celebration starts at 1 p.m. in front of the retired battleship and will feature free food, a children's play zone, live music, and resource booths. Veterans can also receive free passes to tour the USS IOWA Saturday through Monday.
"The event will be an unprecedented celebration with plenty of activities for the entire family as well as an opportunity to see and experience our beautiful and revitalized L.A. Waterfront," said Councilman Joe Buscaino, whose 15th District includes the port.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
port of los angeles, holiday, veterans, u.s. military, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 26 min ago
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown 31 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son