Los Angeles News
Whittier sexual assault suspect arrested
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- An East Los Angeles man who allegedly carjacked, kidnapped, and sexually assaulted a woman on Oct. 26 is behind bars.
Miguel Angel Campos, 28, of East Los Angeles, was arrested Wednesday.
Investigators say Campos allegedly carjacked an unidentified female victim who was sitting in her car waiting for her brother outside a 99 Cent Store in Whittier. The suspect initially asked the victim for her money before simulating a handgun and demanding that she unlock the driver's door. While driving, Campos sexually assaulted the victim and threatened to stab her.
The victim then jumped out of the moving car at Olympic Boulevard as Campos drove on to the northbound 710 freeway. She sustained moderate injuries and was assisted by a passing motorist.
Campos continued onto the 710 freeway, exited Third Street, lost control, and collided into a parked car. Police say he then fled on foot.
After authorities successfully identified the suspect, East Los Angeles Operation Safe Streets detectives served a search warrant at Campos' residence Wednesday. He was arrested without incident.
arrest, car crash, kidnap, sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 46 min ago
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii 5 min ago
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Young patients travel from LA to 'North Pole'
30 min ago
- 91 Freeway expansion to ease 'Corona Crawl'
54 min ago