Los Angeles News
Pursuit suspect arrested after chase ends in Rialto
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- California Highway Patrol officers arrested a driver at the end of an erratic high-speed pursuit Friday night.
At about 7 p.m., L.A. County San Dimas Sheriff's deputies were alerted by a citizen's call about a hit-and-run driver near Sunflower Avenue in the Glendora/Covina area.
Glendora Police and CHP officers located the suspect and began the pursuit near North Grand Avenue and the eastbound 210 Freeway.
The suspect weaved in and out of traffic lanes. The two-door silver coupe did not have its headlights on and the car's hazard lights were blinking during the entire chase.
The suspect pulled into the median of the freeway and drove into westbound 210 lanes.
The suspect exited the westbound 210 Freeway onto the surface streets of Rialto.
The suspect was stopped in a parking lot area near a gas station in Rialto. The driver was dragged out of the car and arrested by CHP officers.
Nobody was hurt in the wild chase. The suspect is facing a long list of charges.
california highway patrol, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 41 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 57 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 1 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Kettlebells can help burn calories fast
58 min ago