Los Angeles News
Pursuit suspect arrested after chase ends in Rialto
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- California Highway Patrol officers arrested a driver at the end of an erratic high-speed pursuit Friday night.
At about 7 p.m., L.A. County San Dimas Sheriff's deputies were alerted by a citizen's call about a hit-and-run driver near Sunflower Avenue in the Glendora/Covina area.
Glendora Police and CHP officers located the suspect and began the pursuit near North Grand Avenue and the eastbound 210 Freeway.
The suspect weaved in and out of traffic lanes. The two-door silver coupe did not have its headlights on and the car's hazard lights were blinking during the entire chase.
The suspect pulled into the median of the freeway and drove into westbound 210 lanes.
The suspect exited the westbound 210 Freeway onto the surface streets of Rialto.
The suspect was stopped in a parking lot area near a gas station in Rialto. The driver was dragged out of the car and arrested by CHP officers.
Nobody was hurt in the wild chase. The suspect is facing a long list of charges.
california highway patrol, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend 10 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home 56 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
24 min ago