Los Angeles News
Monrovia attempted kidnapping suspect sought
MONROVIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Monrovia police are trying to track down an attempted kidnapping suspect who targeted a middle school student.
The 14-year-old girl was walking home alone after attending an after school sporting event at about 4 p.m. Thursday when police say a man approached her near Canyon and Colorado boulevards.
Police say the suspect asked the girl questions about surrounding schools and acted as if he was unfamiliar with the area. He told her he needed to get to a nearby high school in a hurry and asked if she would get in his car and help direct him.
When the girl refused, the suspect offered her $200 to get in his car. She refused again and walked away. The suspect then got back in his car and drove away.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing about 190 pounds with medium length black, shaggy hair. He is clean shaven and wears metal-framed prescription glasses. Police say the suspect was wearing a black T-shirt and khaki pants with a brown camouflage pattern stripe on the legs.
His car was described as a silver, late-1990s model four-door Honda Civic with a bicycle rack attached to the back of the trunk.
If you have any information that could help investigators, you're urged to contact the Monrovia Police Department at (626) 256-8031.
kidnap, los angeles news
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 28 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 5 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler