Los Angeles News
Monrovia attempted kidnapping suspect sought
MONROVIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Monrovia police are trying to track down an attempted kidnapping suspect who targeted a middle school student.
The 14-year-old girl was walking home alone after attending an after school sporting event at about 4 p.m. Thursday when police say a man approached her near Canyon and Colorado boulevards.
Police say the suspect asked the girl questions about surrounding schools and acted as if he was unfamiliar with the area. He told her he needed to get to a nearby high school in a hurry and asked if she would get in his car and help direct him.
When the girl refused, the suspect offered her $200 to get in his car. She refused again and walked away. The suspect then got back in his car and drove away.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s, between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing about 190 pounds with medium length black, shaggy hair. He is clean shaven and wears metal-framed prescription glasses. Police say the suspect was wearing a black T-shirt and khaki pants with a brown camouflage pattern stripe on the legs.
His car was described as a silver, late-1990s model four-door Honda Civic with a bicycle rack attached to the back of the trunk.
If you have any information that could help investigators, you're urged to contact the Monrovia Police Department at (626) 256-8031.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
58 min ago