Los Angeles News
1 killed, 1 injured in Torrance car collision
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- An unidentified driver was killed in a fatal collision in Torrance around 11:40 p.m. Saturday.
According to police, a vehicle traveling westbound on Artesia Boulevard lost control, struck a center divider, and collided with a vehicle traveling eastbound.
The 31-year-old driver of the vehicle that was traveling eastbound was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 53-year-old driver who lost control of the vehicle while traveling westbound is listed in good condition at a local hospital.
Artesia Boulevard was blocked between Haas and Casimir avenues for approximately four hours as crews worked at the scene.
No further information is available at this time. The collision is under investigation.
Anyone with information or who may have witnessed this collision is urged to call the Torrance Police Department's Traffic Division at (310) 618-5557.
car crash, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 55 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 1 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis