Los Angeles News
Bomb scare at Chanel boutique in Beverly Hills
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Beverly Hills' businesses were evacuated on Sunday after a suspicious package was found outside a boutique in the city's ritziest shopping district.
The investigation began after an employee found a package in front of a Chanel boutique in the 400 block of North Rodeo Drive around 11:40 a.m. Sunday.
Responding officers discovered the package was covered with anti-Semitic comments, which led them to believe there was an explosive device inside.
Shortly after evacuating the area surrounding Chanel, the suspicious package was deemed empty and thus harmless.
The investigation is ongoing. Police say they will use surveillance footage to track down the suspect.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments