Los Angeles News
Bomb scare at Chanel boutique in Beverly Hills
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Beverly Hills' businesses were evacuated on Sunday after a suspicious package was found outside a boutique in the city's ritziest shopping district.
The investigation began after an employee found a package in front of a Chanel boutique in the 400 block of North Rodeo Drive around 11:40 a.m. Sunday.
Responding officers discovered the package was covered with anti-Semitic comments, which led them to believe there was an explosive device inside.
Shortly after evacuating the area surrounding Chanel, the suspicious package was deemed empty and thus harmless.
The investigation is ongoing. Police say they will use surveillance footage to track down the suspect.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event