Los Angeles News
Bomb scare at Chanel boutique in Beverly Hills
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Beverly Hills' businesses were evacuated on Sunday after a suspicious package was found outside a boutique in the city's ritziest shopping district.
The investigation began after an employee found a package in front of a Chanel boutique in the 400 block of North Rodeo Drive around 11:40 a.m. Sunday.
Responding officers discovered the package was covered with anti-Semitic comments, which led them to believe there was an explosive device inside.
Shortly after evacuating the area surrounding Chanel, the suspicious package was deemed empty and thus harmless.
The investigation is ongoing. Police say they will use surveillance footage to track down the suspect.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 41 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre