Los Angeles News
Bomb scare at Chanel boutique in Beverly Hills
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Beverly Hills' businesses were evacuated on Sunday after a suspicious package was found outside a boutique in the city's ritziest shopping district.
The investigation began after an employee found a package in front of a Chanel boutique in the 400 block of North Rodeo Drive around 11:40 a.m. Sunday.
Responding officers discovered the package was covered with anti-Semitic comments, which led them to believe there was an explosive device inside.
Shortly after evacuating the area surrounding Chanel, the suspicious package was deemed empty and thus harmless.
The investigation is ongoing. Police say they will use surveillance footage to track down the suspect.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Woman tries to reason with London attackers 17 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Emails show AEG exec called Jackson a 'freak'
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised