Los Angeles News
Man in wheelchair shot outside GameStop store
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help in tracking down a suspect who shot and wounded a handicapped man outside a video game store Tuesday.
The shooting happened at a GameStop store located at 3183 Wilshire Boulevard just after 1 a.m.
A crowd was gathered outside the GameStop for the midnight release of the highly anticipated game "Call of Duty."
Authorities say the shooter walked up to the man, shot him several times in the abdomen, and then took off.
The victim, who was in a wheelchair, is in stable condition.
The circumstances of the shooting were under investigation. Anyone with information was urged to call LAPD at (213) 473-0476.
shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC 20 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 45 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2 19 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets 16 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper 17 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors