Los Angeles News
MTV event at Santa Monica Airport hangar nets 2 arrests
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- An MTV event drew a massive crowd at the Santa Monica Municipal Airport, and two arrests were made.
Police say MTV had a permit for what was called an "executive event" on the application. However, authorities said they threw a rave-like event, featuring Flux Pavilion, a popular DJ.
When police arrived Tuesday night, people were waiting outside for the oversold event. Officers arrested two people, a male and a female, for public intoxication and failure to disperse. About 800 people made it inside to see the show, according to police.
Officials sent everyone outside home, but allowed the event to continue inside. Police said the event ended at midnight without further incident.
It's unknown whether MTV will face any charges.
City News Service contributed to this report.
santa monica, airport news, music news, los angeles news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 54 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 54 min ago
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 20 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 27 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry