Los Angeles News
MTV event at Santa Monica Airport hangar nets 2 arrests
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- An MTV event drew a massive crowd at the Santa Monica Municipal Airport, and two arrests were made.
Police say MTV had a permit for what was called an "executive event" on the application. However, authorities said they threw a rave-like event, featuring Flux Pavilion, a popular DJ.
When police arrived Tuesday night, people were waiting outside for the oversold event. Officers arrested two people, a male and a female, for public intoxication and failure to disperse. About 800 people made it inside to see the show, according to police.
Officials sent everyone outside home, but allowed the event to continue inside. Police said the event ended at midnight without further incident.
It's unknown whether MTV will face any charges.
City News Service contributed to this report.
santa monica, airport news, music news, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 9 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 39 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments