Los Angeles News
MTV event at Santa Monica Airport hangar nets 2 arrests
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- An MTV event drew a massive crowd at the Santa Monica Municipal Airport, and two arrests were made.
Police say MTV had a permit for what was called an "executive event" on the application. However, authorities said they threw a rave-like event, featuring Flux Pavilion, a popular DJ.
When police arrived Tuesday night, people were waiting outside for the oversold event. Officers arrested two people, a male and a female, for public intoxication and failure to disperse. About 800 people made it inside to see the show, according to police.
Officials sent everyone outside home, but allowed the event to continue inside. Police said the event ended at midnight without further incident.
It's unknown whether MTV will face any charges.
City News Service contributed to this report.
santa monica, airport news, music news, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law 24 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
49 min ago