Los Angeles News
Dead woman found in burned studio apartment in Canoga Park
CANOGA PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A dead woman was found in a burned apartment in Canoga Park Tuesday afternoon.
Los Angeles city firefighters were called to an apartment fire at a complex at 6331 N. Glade Ave. at 2:37 p.m. A studio apartment on the third floor of the complex was issuing black smoke.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze within 13 minutes, according to the department. The fire was contained to the one apartment.
During the subsequent search-and-rescue operation, firefighters found a 46-year-old woman sitting on the floor against a mattress in the apartment. She was pulled from the room but was declared dead at the scene.
There were no bars on windows or any other impediments to prevent the woman from escaping the apartment, according to the department. The 42-year-old apartment was not equipped with fire sprinklers.
The cause of the fire was under investigation, but the LAFD said there were no suspicious circumstances noted.
The woman's identity and cause of death were not released.
fire, body found, los angeles city fire department, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 10 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 6 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- TSA expands Pre-Check screening program in LA 59 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds