Los Angeles News
Compton suspect shot, killed after reaching for deputy's gun
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect in Compton was shot and killed after he reached for a deputy's gun during a struggle.
It all began when the suspect ran from that deputy, who was trying to detain him Wednesday night.
After a brief foot chase, the two got into a struggle, and the suspect got shot while trying to grab the deputy's gun. The incident happened just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, in the 12800 block of Cookacre Avenue.
The suspect died at the scene. The deputy suffered some minor injuries.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 11 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 10 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 1 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
25 min ago