Los Angeles News
Union Station evacuated due to suspicious package
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Union Station was closed and evacuated Thursday afternoon due to a suspicious package.
The suspicious package was left on the Red Line platform. It was discovered about 2:30 p.m.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department was investigating.
Patsaouras Plaza was closed to bus service as a result. Riders were advised to board buses at Cesar Chavez Avenue and Vignes Street.
Union Station was re-opened by 3:55 p.m.
downtown, los angeles news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC 27 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 52 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2 26 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets 23 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper 24 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors