Los Angeles News
Union Station evacuated due to suspicious package
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Union Station was closed and evacuated Thursday afternoon due to a suspicious package.
The suspicious package was left on the Red Line platform. It was discovered about 2:30 p.m.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department was investigating.
Patsaouras Plaza was closed to bus service as a result. Riders were advised to board buses at Cesar Chavez Avenue and Vignes Street.
Union Station was re-opened by 3:55 p.m.
downtown, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 50 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 27 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)