Los Angeles News
Hawthorne man charged with sexual assault, accused of date rape
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect has been charged with sexual assault in the alleged rape of a Riverside woman at the attacker's Hawthorne apartment.
Aaron Robinson, 32, has been charged with a single count of forcible rape after assaulting a woman he met through an online dating service.
Investigators said that on Nov. 4, he took her to a CVS store, where he purchased alcohol, and then drove her to his home.
Robinson was arrested Wednesday night, and authorities said evidence was found inside his apartment.
Robinson was booked at the Hawthorne Police Department. His bail was set at $100,000. He's scheduled to be arraigned on Friday.
If convicted, Robinson faces up to 8 years in prison.
sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 6 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 47 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
28 min ago