Los Angeles News
Hawthorne man charged with sexual assault, accused of date rape
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect has been charged with sexual assault in the alleged rape of a Riverside woman at the attacker's Hawthorne apartment.
Aaron Robinson, 32, has been charged with a single count of forcible rape after assaulting a woman he met through an online dating service.
Investigators said that on Nov. 4, he took her to a CVS store, where he purchased alcohol, and then drove her to his home.
Robinson was arrested Wednesday night, and authorities said evidence was found inside his apartment.
Robinson was booked at the Hawthorne Police Department. His bail was set at $100,000. He's scheduled to be arraigned on Friday.
If convicted, Robinson faces up to 8 years in prison.
sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 44 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian 31 min ago
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 43 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors 15 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report