Los Angeles News
Hawthorne man charged with sexual assault, accused of date rape
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect has been charged with sexual assault in the alleged rape of a Riverside woman at the attacker's Hawthorne apartment.
Aaron Robinson, 32, has been charged with a single count of forcible rape after assaulting a woman he met through an online dating service.
Investigators said that on Nov. 4, he took her to a CVS store, where he purchased alcohol, and then drove her to his home.
Robinson was arrested Wednesday night, and authorities said evidence was found inside his apartment.
Robinson was booked at the Hawthorne Police Department. His bail was set at $100,000. He's scheduled to be arraigned on Friday.
If convicted, Robinson faces up to 8 years in prison.
sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver 43 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants 19 min ago
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moves across Southern California 46 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
26 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
48 min ago