Los Angeles News
Auto-theft suspect captured under house in Altadena
ALTADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Deputies were searching for a grand-theft-auto suspect near Terrace Street in Altadena Wednesday.
Sheriff's units from Altadena and surrounding stations set up a perimeter on several streets on the 400 block of Terrace Street around 1:45 p.m.
The incident happened after deputies attempted to stop a suspicious vehicle in the 400 block of Mendocino Street.
The driver of the vehicle, later identified as 32-year-old Eddie Vasquez, parked the stolen 2006 Toyota Camry in a driveway on Mendocino Street and fled the area on foot.
He left behind a passenger, identified as 22-year-old Nancy Carrillo.
The surrounding neighborhood was kept on lockdown for two hours as deputies and K-9 dog units searched the area.
The suspect had so far eluded officers, but a police dog K-9 unit located the suspect in a crawl space below a house under construction.
He was taken into custody on grand theft auto and possession of stolen property charges. Carrillo was arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
Vasquez is being held in custody in lieu of $35,000 bail. Carrillo is being held on $10,000 bail.
They are both scheduled to appear in Pasadena Superior Court Friday.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
arrest, robbery, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 55 min ago
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son