Los Angeles News
Auto-theft suspect captured under house in Altadena
ALTADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Deputies were searching for a grand-theft-auto suspect near Terrace Street in Altadena Wednesday.
Sheriff's units from Altadena and surrounding stations set up a perimeter on several streets on the 400 block of Terrace Street around 1:45 p.m.
The incident happened after deputies attempted to stop a suspicious vehicle in the 400 block of Mendocino Street.
The driver of the vehicle, later identified as 32-year-old Eddie Vasquez, parked the stolen 2006 Toyota Camry in a driveway on Mendocino Street and fled the area on foot.
He left behind a passenger, identified as 22-year-old Nancy Carrillo.
The surrounding neighborhood was kept on lockdown for two hours as deputies and K-9 dog units searched the area.
The suspect had so far eluded officers, but a police dog K-9 unit located the suspect in a crawl space below a house under construction.
He was taken into custody on grand theft auto and possession of stolen property charges. Carrillo was arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
Vasquez is being held in custody in lieu of $35,000 bail. Carrillo is being held on $10,000 bail.
They are both scheduled to appear in Pasadena Superior Court Friday.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
arrest, robbery, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 24 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash 59 min ago
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen 15 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds