Los Angeles News
LA County Sheriff's deputy shot in Florence; suspects at large
FLORENCE-GRAHAM, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy was shot in Florence on Friday night and authorities are hunting for the suspects.
The shooting happened near East 81st Street and Zamora Avenue around 9:30 p.m. The deputy was transported to St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood where he underwent surgery. The deputy's injuries and condition were unknown, though he was said to be alert and sitting up when he arrived at the hospital.
A 10-block area was shut following the shooting as authorities hunted for three possible suspects.
The deputy is reportedly based out of the Century Sheriff's Station with Operation Safe Streets, which is part of gang-suppression unit.
The cause of the shooting was not immediately known.
shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, leanne suter
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 10 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea 56 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 27 min ago
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report