Los Angeles News
LA County Sheriff's deputy shot in Florence; suspects at large
FLORENCE-GRAHAM, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy was shot in Florence on Friday night and authorities are hunting for the suspects.
The shooting happened near East 81st Street and Zamora Avenue around 9:30 p.m. The deputy was transported to St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood where he underwent surgery. The deputy's injuries and condition were unknown, though he was said to be alert and sitting up when he arrived at the hospital.
A 10-block area was shut following the shooting as authorities hunted for three possible suspects.
The deputy is reportedly based out of the Century Sheriff's Station with Operation Safe Streets, which is part of gang-suppression unit.
The cause of the shooting was not immediately known.
shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion 8 min ago
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor 2 min ago
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Holiday shopping tips, ideas to save money
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)