Los Angeles News
DNA leads to arrest in 2000 cold-case murder
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspect was arrested on Thursday in connection with a 2000 cold-case murder of a 32-year-old Los Angeles resident.
LAPD detectives arrested Jose Espinoza for the murder of Leticia Turrubiates.
Turrubiates was found dead in the 11700 block of Gladstone Avenue on March 16, 2000, a victim of blunt force trauma.
No one was ever arrested, until now.
LA cold-case detectives matched Espinoza to Turrubiates' murder with evidence analysis, according to the LAPD.
Detectives arrested Espinoza on Thursday after serving an arrest warrant at his residence in the Tujunga area of Los Angeles.
Espinoza was booked for murder with no bail. The motive for the murder remains unknown.
Anyone with information on the murder is urged to call the Robbery-Homicide Division, Cold Case Special Section Detectives Michael Pelletier and Richard Bengston at (213) 486-6831 or (213) 486-6819.
arrest, murder, homicide investigation, lapd, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)