Los Angeles News
LAPD seeks help to identify a deceased female hospital patient
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators need help in identifying a deceased woman who was dropped off at King Urgent Care Clinic in Willowbrook two months ago.
According to coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey, Jane Doe was alive when she was dropped off at the King Urgent Care Clinic located at 12021 South Wilmington Avenue around 1:50 p.m. on Sept. 27.
The woman, who was dropped off with no wallet or identification, later died at the hospital.
Her cause of death is pending the result of toxicology tests.
Authorities say she was seen at a liquor store near Atlantic Avenue and Compton Boulevard in unincorporated East Compton prior to her death. She was also turned away from an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting near Manchester Avenue and Broadway in South Los Angeles before arriving at the urgent care clinic.
Officials say Jane Doe is Hispanic, about 5 feet tall, weighing 129 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She was dropped off wearing a shirt with vertical red and blue stripes with "ECD" on the chest, black pants, black LA Gear sneakers and two necklaces.
Anyone with information related to this case is asked to call the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office at (323) 343-0714 or coroner's investigator Daniel Machian at (323) 343-0754.
CNS contributed to this report.
lapd, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 25 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 23 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker