Los Angeles News
LAPD seeks help to identify a deceased female hospital patient
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators need help in identifying a deceased woman who was dropped off at King Urgent Care Clinic in Willowbrook two months ago.
According to coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey, Jane Doe was alive when she was dropped off at the King Urgent Care Clinic located at 12021 South Wilmington Avenue around 1:50 p.m. on Sept. 27.
The woman, who was dropped off with no wallet or identification, later died at the hospital.
Her cause of death is pending the result of toxicology tests.
Authorities say she was seen at a liquor store near Atlantic Avenue and Compton Boulevard in unincorporated East Compton prior to her death. She was also turned away from an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting near Manchester Avenue and Broadway in South Los Angeles before arriving at the urgent care clinic.
Officials say Jane Doe is Hispanic, about 5 feet tall, weighing 129 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She was dropped off wearing a shirt with vertical red and blue stripes with "ECD" on the chest, black pants, black LA Gear sneakers and two necklaces.
Anyone with information related to this case is asked to call the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office at (323) 343-0714 or coroner's investigator Daniel Machian at (323) 343-0754.
CNS contributed to this report.
lapd, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 4 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- California lawmakers, governor get pay raise
21 min ago