Los Angeles News
2 Pasadena helicopters crash; 6 injured
ALTADENA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- A crash involving two Pasadena police helicopters left six people with minor injuries Saturday.
The collision happened around 4 p.m. at the Pasadena Police Department heliport at 2175 Yucca Lane in Altadena.
In a press release, Pasadena police said it was, "an incident where their rotator blades were believed to have touched during a maneuver at the police heliport."
The six injured, five police officers and one civilian, were taken to a hospital for evaluations.
Both OH-58 aircraft sustained extensive damage, police said. One helicopter was on routine assignment to calls for service and the other was assigned to the USC-UCLA game at the Rose Bowl. Each helicopter had a pilot and an observer. Two of the injured were not on board.
It's unclear if the weather may have been a factor in the collision.
The National Transportation Safety Board will conduct an investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
pasadena, los angeles news, leanne suter
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 32 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
16 min ago