Los Angeles News
2 Pasadena helicopters crash; 6 injured
ALTADENA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- A crash involving two Pasadena police helicopters left six people with minor injuries Saturday.
The collision happened around 4 p.m. at the Pasadena Police Department heliport at 2175 Yucca Lane in Altadena.
In a press release, Pasadena police said it was, "an incident where their rotator blades were believed to have touched during a maneuver at the police heliport."
The six injured, five police officers and one civilian, were taken to a hospital for evaluations.
Both OH-58 aircraft sustained extensive damage, police said. One helicopter was on routine assignment to calls for service and the other was assigned to the USC-UCLA game at the Rose Bowl. Each helicopter had a pilot and an observer. Two of the injured were not on board.
It's unclear if the weather may have been a factor in the collision.
The National Transportation Safety Board will conduct an investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
pasadena, los angeles news, leanne suter
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 7 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury 58 min ago
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings 47 min ago
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey 54 min ago
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale