Los Angeles News
Pacoima fatal hit-and-run suspect arrested
PACOIMA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The suspected driver behind a deadly hit-and-run crash that killed an 82-year-old woman in Pacoima has been arrested.
The incident happened just before 8 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of El Dorado Avenue and Van Nuys Boulevard.
Herlinda Carrillo of Pacoima was walking across the street when she was struck. She died at the hospital.
Police say 21-year-old Eduardo Garcia of Canoga Park took off after the crash, but he was later arrested for felony hit-and-run.
hit and run, arrest, car crash, los angeles news
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'