Los Angeles News
Pacoima fatal hit-and-run suspect arrested
PACOIMA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The suspected driver behind a deadly hit-and-run crash that killed an 82-year-old woman in Pacoima has been arrested.
The incident happened just before 8 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of El Dorado Avenue and Van Nuys Boulevard.
Herlinda Carrillo of Pacoima was walking across the street when she was struck. She died at the hospital.
Police say 21-year-old Eduardo Garcia of Canoga Park took off after the crash, but he was later arrested for felony hit-and-run.
hit and run, arrest, car crash, los angeles news
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway 21 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again 44 min ago
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet
- Fugetsu-Do makes fresh, delicious mochi
56 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
39 min ago
- Ceremony honors LA's unclaimed dead
50 min ago