Los Angeles News
LA County sheriff's deputy shooting: 3 arrested on attempted murder charges
FLORENCE-GRAHAM, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Authorities on Sunday announced the arrest of three men on charges of attempted murder on a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy.
That shooting happened Friday night in the 1600 block of 81st Street in the Florence-Graham neighborhood just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Detectives said 36-year-old Michael Cones, 24-year-old Joe Childs and 24-year-old Brendan Caveness were arrested for attempted murder on a peace officer. Each was being held on $1 million bail.
Three deputies with the sheriff's anti-gang unit Operation Safe Streets were trying to detain several individuals when the suspected gang members shot at the deputies.
One deputy was shot in the torso and transported to St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood where he underwent surgery. He was reported in stable condition.
Investigators are looking for up to four other suspects who could be involved in the shooting.
Anyone with any information is urged to call Los Angeles County Sheriff's Crimestoppers tip line at (800) 222-TIPS.
gang activity, shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 9 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 5 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 1 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour