Los Angeles News
LA County sheriff's deputy shooting: 3 arrested on attempted murder charges
FLORENCE-GRAHAM, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Authorities on Sunday announced the arrest of three men on charges of attempted murder on a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy.
That shooting happened Friday night in the 1600 block of 81st Street in the Florence-Graham neighborhood just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Detectives said 36-year-old Michael Cones, 24-year-old Joe Childs and 24-year-old Brendan Caveness were arrested for attempted murder on a peace officer. Each was being held on $1 million bail.
Three deputies with the sheriff's anti-gang unit Operation Safe Streets were trying to detain several individuals when the suspected gang members shot at the deputies.
One deputy was shot in the torso and transported to St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood where he underwent surgery. He was reported in stable condition.
Investigators are looking for up to four other suspects who could be involved in the shooting.
Anyone with any information is urged to call Los Angeles County Sheriff's Crimestoppers tip line at (800) 222-TIPS.
gang activity, shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
28 min ago