Los Angeles News
LA County sheriff's deputy shooting: 3 arrested on attempted murder charges
FLORENCE-GRAHAM, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Authorities on Sunday announced the arrest of three men on charges of attempted murder on a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy.
That shooting happened Friday night in the 1600 block of 81st Street in the Florence-Graham neighborhood just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Detectives said 36-year-old Michael Cones, 24-year-old Joe Childs and 24-year-old Brendan Caveness were arrested for attempted murder on a peace officer. Each was being held on $1 million bail.
Three deputies with the sheriff's anti-gang unit Operation Safe Streets were trying to detain several individuals when the suspected gang members shot at the deputies.
One deputy was shot in the torso and transported to St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood where he underwent surgery. He was reported in stable condition.
Investigators are looking for up to four other suspects who could be involved in the shooting.
Anyone with any information is urged to call Los Angeles County Sheriff's Crimestoppers tip line at (800) 222-TIPS.
gang activity, shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations 54 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat 44 min ago
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage 55 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 9 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- LA Lakers talk game on Christmas Day
58 min ago