Los Angeles News
LA County sheriff's deputy shooting: 3 arrested on attempted murder charges
FLORENCE-GRAHAM, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Authorities on Sunday announced the arrest of three men on charges of attempted murder on a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy.
That shooting happened Friday night in the 1600 block of 81st Street in the Florence-Graham neighborhood just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Detectives said 36-year-old Michael Cones, 24-year-old Joe Childs and 24-year-old Brendan Caveness were arrested for attempted murder on a peace officer. Each was being held on $1 million bail.
Three deputies with the sheriff's anti-gang unit Operation Safe Streets were trying to detain several individuals when the suspected gang members shot at the deputies.
One deputy was shot in the torso and transported to St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood where he underwent surgery. He was reported in stable condition.
Investigators are looking for up to four other suspects who could be involved in the shooting.
Anyone with any information is urged to call Los Angeles County Sheriff's Crimestoppers tip line at (800) 222-TIPS.
gang activity, shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 15 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 3 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 19 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video