Los Angeles News
Hermosa Beach man charged for having sex w/ 14-year-old
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Hermosa Beach man has been charged with 15 felony counts for allegedly having sex with a 14-year-old minor from Carson.
According to authorities Chad Howard Vanhulzen, 37, met the girl at a party in June in Torrance. Police say Vanhulzen and the 14-year-old became involved in a consensual sexual relationship.
Vanhulzen was arrested Nov. 14 after the girl's parents discovered the alleged relationship and notified police.
Vanhulzen is being held on $1.25 million bail. He has pleaded not guilty and will return to court Dec. 6.
sex crimes, arrest, los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 6 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla. 42 min ago
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks